Traumatic Brain Injury
The Challenge of Traumatic Brain Injury
- The profound effects of a TBI can include irritability, cognitive deficits, depression, insomnia, and anxiety. These symptoms often hurt family, career and social interaction.
- Conventional treatment includes a long list of medications that can cause incapacitation and further depression.
During the initial phase of an injury, inflammatory chemicals are produced that lead to secondary insults to the ability of the pituitary to produce and regulate hormones.
Comprehensive laboratory testing can detect alterations in the production of important hormones. Therefore, our program seeks to accomplish the following:
- Identify inflammation and assess if the hormones are affected.
- Reduce inflammation with the use of nutraceuticals & bio-identical hormones
- Restore affected hormones to normal physiologic levels with the use of bio-identical hormones.